I have the awesome blessing of being able to post right before Christmas. Christmas, I love Christmas! Why? Because it is a time when most people are open to the subject of Jesus! Is December 25th really Jesus's birth 'date', no, but it is a day we have adapted to acknowledge the birth of our Saviour and I love this extremely easy opportunity to talk about Him! And it is really easy when you have kids. I love the look on people's faces when they ask my kids, "So, what is Santa going to bring you?" and we politely and lovingly tell them we don't 'do' the Santa thing. And tell them why 'we' celebrate Christmas. Even though St Nicholas was a great man and did good things, he certainly will not take away from my Lord. But truly I could never understand why people would try to encourage their kids to believe in a man (Santa) who they can't see that brings gifts only for them to find out it was all a lie and then truly not understand why these same kids have trouble believing in another man (Jesus) that they also can't see who wants to give them a gift but is not a lie. Hmm....
Wherever you, the reader, are this Christmas, whether alone or with family or with friends, my prayer is that you will find the love of Christ and understand what He did by coming into this world, dying for us, being raised from the dead and is ever interceding for us at the right hand of the Father. And truly have the joy of Christmas filling your heart until it bursts!
Be Blessed!
Debbie
No comments:
Post a Comment